Monday, August 14, 2017

An Ode to Charlottesville


I put my Shenandoah posts together before the horror and hatred erupted in Charlottesville. I have no idea how someone can drive through the beauty that is Virginia and not be touched...have the hatred in their heart erased.  But, there are many things I do not understand.  However, I know this to be true:

"The Nazis, the KKK, and white supremacists are repulsive and evil, and all of us have a moral obligation to speak out against the lies, bigotry, anti-Semitism, and hatred that they propagate."

You probably think that phrase is something I would say, yes?  But....  I didn't!  Ted Cruz did!  Way to go, Ted!!! (Now those are words I REALLY thought I'd never say!)  

My recent visit to Virginia refreshed my soul.  I hope time, the support of the rest of the nation, and the beauty of your land can mend your spirit, Charlottesville.   Much love, c 

#altrightisallwrong   #lovetrumpshate   #noracism  #charlottesville 

1 comment:

  1. So devastating and heartbreaking that this is still happening in our country.

    ReplyDelete