Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Sew Chaotically! - Hollyburn skirt


I have loved Provençal fabrics, food, colors, the people, the place since we visited France, driving from Nice to Antibes, in 2006. Such a lovely trip.  So when I saw this fabric in Paris last year, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to do with it!!!  A full, but shaped skirt!  Yes, this print and fabric is more commonly used for tablecloths and other household linens...but....that's just how I roll!!!

The Hollyburn skirt from Sewaholic has gotten rave reviews by many sewists and its shape was perfect for what I envisioned.  But, some had mentioned the need to contour the waistband and having had that experience on a pair of pants I made, I bit the bullet and did it!  I was taught every step in this amazing Tutorial by A Fashionable Stitch 

While the waistband may not lay perfectly on mannie.....

It's a great fit on me!!!
I finished the back with a button and embroidered loop.


The construction of this pattern is perfect and the pockets are awesome!!!






While I purchased this fabric and created a skirt with it on a bit of a whim, I think it will end up being more flexible, utilized in more styles and through more seasons than I had even hoped! Sew Chaotically! - les

1 comment:

  1. REALLY pretty! I love it with the blue top. You look just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete