Friday, March 10, 2017

Sew Chaotically! - Colette's Redemption in the Sorbetto Top!


You may remember that I had fun making a few spring tops for, Roo (To see the pic, click here!) After paying full price for the Colette Aster (The Aster Disaster!!!) pattern....I got the Sorbetto pattern for free.  And you can too!! Just check out this link:  Colette Patterns - Sorbetto Tank Top

Bentie was a sweetie, printing and putting the pattern together for me!!

I made this one first to test the size and such!   It was made with scraps of material used long ago in a simple play dress I wore chasing the kids around when they were small.  Given the material, it is a little hard to see the front center pleat.  My only pattern change for all the tops was to raise the neckline in the back. When worn with a pink sweater as my Valentine's Day attire, it got lots of compliments from my peeps!
I wanted to use this bit of material for Roo, since I had made her shorts and a cute sundress with it when she was little and it was a favorite!  The kind that was put on as soon as it was out of the wash!!  Given the limited yardage that remained, I had to omit the front pleat.  But this pattern is so versatile...you can do that!!!



Now, how cute is that???

I purchased this crazy print with Rose in mind from Hancock's (back when that store existed)!  And it seemed perfect for a little Sorbetto!!  


This top begs for cute variations.  I kept the bias tape finish, sight unseen in my version.  In her butterfly one, I let it shine.   Here, I made it as funky as possible, not only exposing it, but highlighting it, with contrasting thread.

Finally,  I made myself this one out of scraps from a dress I had made, since it matched this cute skirt Ruthie gave me for Christmas soooo perfectly!  Already wore it to work with a little black jacket, but it will be great for summer on its own.

Had to piece the back, given my limited yardage...but you can do that with this pattern!!!  No problem!!
Colette certainly redeemed itself here.  Free and FABULOUS!! I can see myself making many more of these little tops.  Eyelet with a scalloped hem.  Another out of a silky, flowing fabric. Linen....

#colettesorbetto    Sew Chaotically!!! - love, c

No comments:

Post a Comment