Saturday, February 11, 2017

Travel Chaotically! - New York - Mulberry Street!


So much to see!!  While we used the metro a bit....B suspects that we walked at least 8-10 miles per day.  How else can you see it all??????


But....that can give a girl who brought old shoes on the trip with the bright idea that she would toss them before the trip back home, blisters!!!  And a NEED for NEW shoes!!!!  So....I got some!


But THEN.....I found THIS store!  Where ALL the shoes are awesome!  Yes, B got me 2 pairs!!!! Cause HE's awesome!

I love street people, street food, and.....



...Chinatown....no matter the city!








Lost is translation???????  Then again, maybe the most aptly named store ever!



Someday I am going to spend 2 weeks in a rented flat in Chinatown...either in NYC or San Fran....and I am going to cook and EAT all the things that I currently cannot name!!  You listening, Bentie????


And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street!!!   Welcome to Little Italy!!!!
We really, truly walked the length of Mulberry Street, which runs from Chinatown through Little Italy!  Wow!!  THIS is what makes the wonderful melting pot of New York and the US sooooo amazing.  We can all share and enjoy our lives, made ever richer, by experiencing some of the tastes and beauty from the lives of others.



Oh, yeah!!  This shrimp was delish!!!




#DressLikeAWoman
I am a woman.  I got up and I got dressed!!!!  THAT's how you dress like a woman!  
"Be you, and be relentlessly you!" ~ Thanks, Gaga.



And if you think that was all the multicultural tastes that one street could contain...NOPE!!!  We ended the street and rested out feet in an amazing Spanish Tapas restaurant - Despana!!!  It took us right back to Barcelona!  Delicious tortilla (potato pie...not the bread!!), wine and other traditional tapas!!  Try it if you have the chance!!
Such a lucky girl!!  And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street!!!! - les

No comments:

Post a Comment