Sunday, July 29, 2012

I am not me anymore -

- or at least I am not the same me that I was.                    
                                                                                Che Guevara

I am sure that this is true for every thinking and reflective person.  Time passes, hopefully giving us wisdom, or at least perspective, as we look back on things.  Melanoma (or any other life threatening, traumatic event) affects the individual, as well as family and friends.  Watching children grow, thrive, suffer, die in the course of 28 years in pediatrics...changes a person.  I have found support and love where I never expected it.  I have experienced loss in ways I never dreamed.  I have learned and traveled and loved more than I thought would ever be possible.   I have had Christmas in July, more than once (thanks Bentie).  And, it is good. - c

4 comments:

  1. I am looking for some help and guiadance....I was on a Merk PD1 for 5 infusions that began 3/1/12....My latest scans were amazing, however, I have been pulled off the trials because of my lover, kidney enzymes are out of control and my Ck # is crazy.....I feel very good but other issues are poping up and not sure where to turn to.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what to tell you. I am not aware of any anti-PD1 products...Merck or BMS....causing problems with either the liver or kidneys. However, I think that it is crucial that you meet with your melanoma doc to discuss what they think is going on. Additionally, the Melanoma International Foundation web site might be a good place for you to post your story as they have a wealth of medical advisers as well as patients who may be able to offer additional guidance. Wishing you the best. - c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday my friend. Love Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to you, too!!! Hope it was great with all your boys!!!

    ReplyDelete