Saturday, December 18, 2010

Let's get the party started!

On Wednesday, Brent finally got things set up, perhaps only by calling Dr. Weber's nurse, not the one I've been dealing with. Apparently she got the study nurse in gear who then called Brent back with our start date. I will have my first treatment, vaccines, and pre-study leukophoresis on Monday, Dec 27. Brent and I are flying down on Sunday so we can be ready for the 0730 start time. We have a direct flight from Atlanta both ways and will return Monday evening. I know Weber is giving me a chance here, but I can't honestly say that I am thrilled about it. This level of disruption, expense, time, pain, possible side effects...only looks good when weighed against death, someone digging in my brain, or someone screwing things into my skull in order to zap my brain!!! The second session will be on Friday, Jan. 14, and every other week after that for a total of 6 sessions. Then, if scans remain clear, I will repeat the process for another 3 months.

Picked up the Rose Bud from GT yesterday. She looks wonderful despite her recent study marathon and I'm sure she did very well on all her exams. Fred got his reports from UT and did great! I am proud of them both. It is fun to have them both at home for a while.

Enjoy your families, with love - c

No comments:

Post a Comment