Friday, November 19, 2010

Released from ENT

Saw my ENT today and he felt that I was healing very well and I am released from his care. He (as does Brent and my oncologist) thinks that it is possible that the tumor on my tonsil was seeded there by tissue from the tumor in my lung that was left when the bronch was done. Yucky as that is, it would be preferable to having developed another metastatic tumor, but we shall never know. (The reason they think it is possible is because of the events of the bronch itself, the fact that a bit of tumor fell out of the bronchus during surgery when I had the lobectomy, and because the tumor of the tonsil was "on" the tonsil rather than within it.) He continues to recommend NO further node removal.

Anyhow, Brent and I did errands, groceries and such after the MD appt. Looking forward to playing in the dirt tomorrow with some fall planting.

May you all enjoy a beautiful autumn weekend - c

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope that is the case... But then jeez! Those people need to be careful! They need a safety net underneath or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean!!! I think that my pulmonologist was just TOO sure that it wasn't melanoma... so he went through it with the probe to see what it was and get a piece for pathology. Of course, I don't know what else he could have done....but....

    ReplyDelete