Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Road Trip

Rosie and I are leaving early in the morning to drive to Prattville (just outside Montgomery, AL) to visit my sister, Ruth, and her family who have just moved into their new house. We are very excited. We will also get to see my other sister, Kik, and her daughter, Becca, who is staying with Ruth while Kik does some work in Atlanta (She lives in Houston.) but will be finishing that up on Wednesday...AND Momma and Daddy will be coming up to Ruth's at some point as well. Rosie has made us CD's for the trip. She has helped me root and pot plants for Ruthie and we have her surprise afghans ready (shh...don't tell), cause that's what you need in 100 degree heat!! Anyhow, we think it will be fun. Brent and Fred-o will be staying home taking care of things this time.

Have been running 3 miles a day since my scans. I'm finally feeling stronger...more like how I did before all this. One thing I know for sure. Had Rosie not petted me and run with me and encouraged me and babied me and threatened to put her foot in it on occasion....I would not be where I am today. Her careful attention and willingness to take the time to stay by my side for the slowest walks and runs I know she has ever taken, I wouldn't have kept at it. It has meant more to me than she will ever know.

"...If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or talk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and every thing that's in it,
And - which is more - {your have become} a Woman my daughter!" Rudyard Kipling

I love you, Roo.

1 comment: