Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rosie's week of torture..

...is finally over!! She has been a real trooper. She got all 5 of her wisdom teeth out on Wed. The oral surgeon had worried that he may not be able to get at that 5th little one on the left upper, but he got it, so I was glad. However, her worst pain and swelling have been in that area. She has looked quite the chipmunk, but that is resolving some today. I took the stitches out of her arm on Thursday and the incision is healing well. Although longer, I think this incision will actually heal better in the end than the prior incision did. She had her eyes examined Friday, with little change, and was happy to find that now that she is 18 she gets to have a different sort of dilating drop used so the dilation did not last as long as it has in the past.

Fred had a good 20th b'day, I think. His friend Hannah was able to come spend the weekend with us. They went out with the Roo on Friday night, explored the aquarium on Sat and just had fun together. She is a real sweetie.

Brent and I have been doing some jogging and biking, but man is it hot!!!! Picked our first tomatoes from our little garden and they were yummy.

Read Maya Angelou's: "Heart of a Woman" and "Letters to my Daughters". Both very good. Didn't realize she had played the lead in Porgy and Bess, danced professionally, and been so active on a professional level in civil rights organizations. Amazing lady. Am reading, "Cry the Beloved Country" now. Brent is reading Zinn's "People's History of the United States". He better watch it, he'll be finishing his 6th book in 20 years if he's not careful!!

Hope your summers are going perfectly. Stay cool! Much love - c

3 comments:

  1. Hi Celeste, I have enjoyed getting to know your family through your blog. I was wondering.... what did the tooth fairy bring Rosie for those five WISDOM teeth? hehe! Love Thomas and Will's mom, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, good question. Not much but a big pain and aggravation so far!! I'll have to speak to that fairy!! Hope things are going well for you, Avery and the boys! c

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you got to come the one day I was not there. I'm so sorry I missed seeing you, but looking forward to seeing you daily in a few weeks. Love you. Tell the donkey looking over the edge Happy Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete