Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm BACK............

Sitting here with Momma this morning checking out all Rosie's posts and your comments. How nice you all are to keep up with my craziness. Rosie was pretty precise. (Can't think where she gets that!!) Upper lobe out. Only had to take two bits of the bronch to get clear margins. Got rid of all tubes (jugular, chest tube, epidural, foley, leads, etc.) yesterday and got home around 2:30 pm. Got a linear blister from pressure of the epidural tubing and dressing on my back, but it is already healing well. Have three incisions, all healing well, to right slightly anterior the axillary line from the surg site, scope site and the tube. Head is healing well also...just a bit of residual swelling remains, no longer looking so much like a Shar-pei!! Have to tell you....wasn't familiar with a "walking epidural", but they are SWEET!! They have morphine in a continuous drip so you don't get knocked out when they dose you orally or IV and then the wearing off you experience with those unit doses. Provides a much more continuous coverage which was nice and I think essential to my getting home as soon as I did. Does cause some itching, but overall = worth it!! Had good enough pain coverage last night with some lortab...so now I just have to get well.

But really the best news is that Brent got the path report yesterday evening, and NONE of the nodes that they took during surgery were positive for melanoma on the microscopic exam. That was a tremendous relief. The surgeon had said that they "looked" fine and the PET had not lit up with anything else. But we were sure glad to get that report!!!

Rosie is off taking her proctored Calculus final. (For which a photo ID was essential!!, Bless her!) Fred is back in K'ville for his final week. Brent will probably go back to work tomorrow, but Momma and Daddy will be able to help me out here as will Rosie who really only has one more exam on Thursday to deal with.

Much love to you all. Love, C

10 comments:

  1. Celeste, So glad you're home and doing so well. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news friend. Missing you mucho. Keeping you in my prayers. I know you are happy to be home with your family. Continue to rest and don't be over doing it missy. by the way, had an interview at TCTCH ER yest. It went well. much love to yah, Tammy L

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are ALL so thankful for the good news!!! WHAT a relief!! I know Beck and Carl are two happy parents and your old Aunt and Uncle are right there with them. You have done marvelously and you know we won't rest until you are completely well. Loving you always, Glo (Jr., too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Celeste,
    No DOUBT!! you are wonder woman!!!!!!
    who do you know that can have 1/2 lung taken out and come flipping home in 3 days!!!! NO ONE but YOU..
    way to go... I'm soooooo happy for you and the path report --wonderful. now all is left to do is rest, I know thats hard for you but you MUST.

    take care, love ya
    joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Joyce... I'm amazed at this recovery rate! It's absolutely fabulous! Make sure to keep resting... I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, she MUST rest. Such a challenge for such a little busy body, but she is...
    And I love you mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are back on here! Never dreamed it would only take you a few days..I was in shock when Brent told me fri. that you were in a regular room then monday when he told me you might be going home, i was almost speechless and you know that doesnt happen often :) you are truly an amazing person my friend!! best news of all is that path report!! do you know anything about the cross and type match or if any follow up treatment needed? Take care and DONT OVER DO IT!!!!!!!! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy you are home and doing well. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Miss your sweet smile terribly at PedsCare. Love, Danita

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!! So glad that your getting better!!! Have anyone told you that PRAYER changes things!!! Keep praying my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are just amazing!!! I will continue to pray so you pray, too~ We all miss you so much!!

    ReplyDelete