Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I finally figured out why...

...I hadn't been feeling well! As signs and symptoms progressed I realized I had a UTI, thanks foley catheter!!!! But after being tested and treated I am feeling much better. I guess a UTI is kind-of a relief compared to some other options...so.....

Anyhow, today was a good, though busy day. Got Rosie set up to go to her GA tech orientation in July with all her papers in order. Fred-o took care of the yard while Rose and I went to her initial visit at the oral surgeon so she can get all 5 of her wisdom teeth out in June. Plus, did a few errands she needed to take care of.

Managed to do my 15 minute elliptical workout with 315 "calories" burned, so I was proud.

As someone with 16 surgical scars, here is my new favorite paragraph from a book: Little Bee, by Chris Cleave

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, Do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

Love you. c

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dr. Hernandez...hope things are going well for you and yours!!! Did you get into your new house?
    I really recommend "Little Bee" (to everyone!!!). I started it yesterday afternoon and stayed up last night until it was done. I'm still thinking about it today.
    Take care! C

    ReplyDelete