Thursday, May 27, 2010

Discharged from thoracic surgeon!

Had my follow-up appt with the thoracic surgeon today. Had a good chest X-ray and SaO2 was 100%! He thinks the cough (which is getting better) is due to irritation from the sutures and the healing process in the bronchus. I will be seeing the pulmonologist next week who will be really the one to ask more about all that. But, the surgeon thought I was doing well. Wants a copy of the PET/CT when I get it and call if I need anything else.

Also have the evaluation of my tumor (or at least part of it) in process to see if there is a DNA match that is needed for some of the new drugs currently in study. Don't know how long that takes, but there you have it. Will also be having some HLA typing done with the blood work in July because certain types have a better outcome with some immunotherapies.

Feeling better still. Have both kids ready to go back to school in the fall. Some of Fred-o's return items just had to be trashed...after 2 years in a dorm...you see what I mean.

Planning on a lazy weekend. Hope it is a great one for all of you. Love always - c

1 comment:

  1. 100% wow that's really great. I'm glad you are feeling better.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete